Friday 20 December 2013

Literary Lacquers - Amnesia Euphoria Ecstacy

Today I want to show you a very special polish that I was lucky enough to get my hands on!

Amnesia Euphoria Ecstasy is a dark blue base with a very strong linear holographic effect that Amy (the creator behind Literary Lacquers) made for a 40th birthday in August. She only made 39 numbered bottles for sale and a few for herself and some of the bloggers she's cooperation with. I was lucky enough to be one of the 39 that got to buy it when it was put for sale at her Etsy shop. Unfortunately I don't have the one with a number on because the first one she send was lost in the mail, but she was very sweet and send me a new one with no charge, but she send the numbered bottles out randomly, so she had no idea what number mine was, so I just got one without a number, but that's okay, because the most important thing is the polish and fortunately I did receive the second bottle.

Literary Lacquers always takes inspiration from her favorite literary works. This one is no different.
This is what she has to say about Amnesia Euphoria Ecstacy:

The name is inspired by Another Roadside Attraction by Tom Robbins, one of my favorite books by one of my favorite writers. I feel that as I've gone through my life, I've experienced all three of the states described and am so happy to be living in ecstasy now!

"There are three mental states that interest me," said Amanda, turning to the lizard doorknob. They are: one, amnesia; two, euphora; three, ecstasy."

She reached into the cabinet and removed a small green bottle of water-lily pollen. "Amnesia is not knowing who one is and wanting desperately to find out. Euphoria is not knowing who one is and not caring. Ecstasy is knowing exactly who one is - and still not caring."

It's such a gorgeous blue holo! The formula was good, although a little on the thin side, but it wasn't very noticeable. It took 3 coats though to get totally opaque, but that's okay because the drying time was great.


Unfortunately the sun didn't wanna come out and play when I took the pictures, so in the first few here the holo isn't that obvious. Although I should mention that even without sun the holo is much more in your face in real life, but I couldn't really capture that in the pictures.


On this one below you can see a bit of the holo effect.





After taking some pictures in natural light I went inside to take some in artificial light where you can really see the holo shine through *yay*


Isn't it just pretty?




Opacity 6/10
Colour, prettiness: 8/10
Value for money: 7/10¨
Overall: 7/10
Buy again: I would if possible ;)

It's definitely not the last time I have bought Literary Lacquers polishes!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a pretty amazing blue. I also like it without the sun, which is a huge plus :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed a very pretty blue, and I also like the way it kinda look a little dusty in the shade :)

      Delete