Thursday 5 December 2013

The first christmas design of the year!

The storm is raging outside and I am sitting at my computer with a warm blanket and a cup of hot chocolate and christmas music in the speakers. It sure does seem like christmas is coming! So I think it's time to show you my very first christmas design this year.

I really wanted to try of one of my new polishes from Rimmel called Ruby Crush from the Precious Stone collection, so I ended up painting presents on my nails, because I was a little short on time.

Here is the result:


I started out painting my ringfinger with China Glaze - Agro and the other nails with e.l.f. - Red Velvet, then I gave the ringfinger 1 layer of China Glaze - This Is Tree-mendous (the bottle I'm holding) and the other nails 1 layer of Rimmel - Ruby Crush. Then I painted the ribbons first with a white and then with a silver, letting some of the white be visable and I topped it of with a rhinestone in the middle of each bow.


Im not quite satisfied with the ribbon. It got a little thicker than planned, but my brush just didn't want to work with me.


And the thumb.


What do you think? Have you started painting christmas designs yet?




1 comment:

  1. I think it's a really cute design you made!
    I haven't done any Christmassy designs yet. Not sure if I will yet, but we'll see :D

    ReplyDelete