Monday 6 January 2014

A England - Dragon & Essie - Shine of the Times

Today I want to show you 2 new polishes.

The first one is A England - Dragon which is a dark mossy green with a subtle holo effect from the 2012 The Legend collection. This one is just a beauty and it certainly has not dampened my enthusiasm towards A England polishes! The formula is a dream to work with and just smooths out like butter. In addition it's aaaalmost a 1 coater, although it only covers 95% so a second coat is necessary, but then it's completely opaque and it drying time is fairly quick, so all in all a wonderful polish in general.

The pictures are taken without topcoat.


Unfortunately there was no sun out, so I couldn't catch the holo effect in the pictures *sob*
 

Isn't it just soo pretty? I really love it!





The second polish I want to show you is Essie - Shine of the Times which is a flakie from the 2011 Luxeffect collection which has been relaunched in 2013.

I'm using one coat over Dragon and its really dense and easy to work with. Furthermore it looks very pretty especially on darker undercolors, but also over lighter colors.

The pictures are still with no topcoat.




I then finished of the mani with a layer of China Glaze's Matte Magic matte top coat. It gave it a really nice look in real life, but I'm not quite sure you can see the difference in the pictures... There were a bigger difference though in real life.

What do you think?




A England - Dragon
Opacity: 9/10
Colour, prettiness: 9/10
Value for money: 9/10
Overall: 9/10
Buy again: Yes 

Essie - Shine of the times
Opacity: N/A
Colour, prettiness: 9/10
Value for money: 10/10
Overall: 9,5/10
Buy again: Yes 

2 comments:

  1. I love dragon on its own, but I must admit that it's really pretty with flakies too. Well paired up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm glad you think so :)
      I really like dragon on its own aswell, but I just got Shine of the Times and I really wanted to try it, so I figured that it would look good on Dragon :)

      Delete