Sunday 19 January 2014

Literary Lacquers - John Thomas/Lady Jane

Today I want to show you one of the polishes I got from the new years sale Literary Lacquers had.

On wednesday I had an exam and I figured it would be fitting with green nails for good luck, so I chose John Thomas/Lady Jane for the purpose.

John Thomas/Lady Jane is a deep forest green glitter polish with many shapes and sizes of green glitter and shimmer and a touch of white glitter from The Good Parts collection. The maker Amy writes describes the inspiration for the polish:

"This polish is inspired by Lady Chatterley's Lover by D. H. Lawrence, published in 1928, specifically the scene where Constance Chatterley and her lover Mellors (the gamekeeper) run naked through the English wood during a rainstorm. After their lovemaking they celebrate the marriage of “John Thomas” to “Lady Jane” if you catch my drift."

It's really easy to work with and the glitter applies very evenly on the nail. The base is very sheer though and I think you might be able to make it opaque on its own in 4-5 layers, but I chose to layer it over a dark green shimmer polish, namely Wet 'n Wild - Sagreena the Teenage Witch, so I won't use it up to quickly. 
I used two layers over the undie to give it a bit of depth and I must say I was very pleased with the result. It looked gorgeous! Take a look for yourself.

Photos are with 1 layer of topcoat.






What do you think?

Opacity: N/A
Colour, prettiness: 7/10
Value for money: 7/10
Overall: 7/10
Buy again: Maybe

4 comments:

  1. I think it looks like a cool glitter, and I really hope it brought you luck in your exam! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't know if it was luck from the nails, but the exam went great :)

      Delete
    2. That sounds great! Congratulations! :)

      Delete