Sunday 16 February 2014

Chanel Azure

Today I have a polish from Chanel to show you.

Azure is a turquoise chrome metallic from Chanel's 2013 Summer L’été Papillon De Chanel collection. In the bottle it looks like a duo-chrome, but on the nail I’m only seeing one color at all angles.

It's a very pretty color, but I'm not super impressed because of price tag on it. Here in Denmark a Chanel costs 185 DKK which is around 34 USD, 21 GBP or 25 EURO, so a lot of money. For less than half you can buy Sally Hansen - Scarab which is pretty much a dupe from the photos and comparisons I've seen.

The formula is nice to work with, but it is a bit streaky (as you can see in the photos), but that disappears when you put top coat on. It took 2 coats to get opaque and the drying time was nice, so you don't hear any complaints from me.

I didn't use top coat for the photos.


Sorry for the lack of clean up and the horrible cuticles, but I was in a bit of a hurry, so I totally forgot to prep before taking the photos. *blushes*





I wanted to use it for a design I saw on instagram from chickettes so I made a gradient with Kleancolor - Metallic Sapphire.

It was a bit hard to get a decent photo of the gradient, but I think I succeeded.


After that I used dotting tools and acrylic paint to make flowers and dots, gave it a layer of China Glaze - Fairy Dust and finished it of with a top coat.

Unfortunately you can't see the prettiness and the holo in Fairy Dust because of the lack of sun. *sobs*





What do you think?

Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 8/10
Value for money: 7/10
Overall: 7,5/10
Buy again: Maybe

2 comments: