Wednesday 19 February 2014

China Glaze - Heart of Africa and Essie - Meet Me At The Altar

Today I want to show you 2 pretty polishes.

Heart of Africa is a deep red/burgundy shimmer polish from China Glaze's Core collection.
I have a thing for dark reds and this one is just soooo gorgeous. *swoon* I fell in love the first time I saw a swatch of it and just had to own it.

The formula is great to work with, it's opaque in 2 coats and the drying time is great! Only downside: It's a bleeder! *sobs* Even though it was completely dry the color still dragged some of the color on to my top coat brush. But other than that it's a great polish.

Meet Me At The Altar is a very light pink from Essie's 2013 Bridal collection and I think it would be very fitting for the occasion if you want cute nails that are a little subtle.

The color is pretty, but it was a bit of mess to work with to be honest. The formula was a little thin and it dragged and made bald spots on the first 2 coats. It took 3 coats to get opaque and the drying time was nothing to brag about either.

I used 1 layer of top coat for the photos.

Oh and I apologize for the bad lighting in the photos. My camera just didn't want to work with me and neither did the light outside.


Heart of Africa is on the thumb, index- and little finger. Meet Me At The Altar is on the middle- and ring finger.





The plan with this was to make a dotticure so I did and then gave it a matte top coat. I think it turned out quite well, except that because Heart of Africa is a bleeder it dragged a bit when I applied the top coat even though it was completely dry.


I just loooove the velvety look Heart of Africa gets with matte top coat <3




What do you think?

China Glaze - Heart of Africa:
Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 9/10
Value for money: 9/10
Overall: 8,5/10
Buy again: Maybe

Essie - Meet Me At The Altar
Opacity: 6/10
Colour, prettiness: 7/10
Value for money: 4/10
Overall: 5,5/10
Buy again: No

No comments:

Post a Comment