Tuesday 25 March 2014

OPI - Russian Navy

Ok I feel like I'm in an OPI period at the moment, so here comes another of their polishes.

Russian Navy is a navy blue and magenta shimmer polish from OPI's fall 2007 Russian collection.
This is a beautiful polish that I unfortunately didn't catch very well in the photos, but it's just gorgeous IRL!

Application was a breeze and it was opaque in 3 thin coats, but drying time was great so no problem there.

No top coat was used for the photos.







I was in an experimenting mood and had just read somewhere that you could make your own holo top coat, so I wanted to try that out! Fortunately I had a normal top coat from OPI standing around that I would never really get to use because it's not fast drying (bought it used along with some other OPIs).

I took my top coat and GOSH - Holographic Hero and poured a bit of HH into the top coat and tried it out on top of another color. It took a few tries before I was happy with it and then I applied it over Russian Navy. I actually really liked the result and now I can turn any polish into a holo *wuhuu*

I applied a layer of top coat over the holo to get it to dry faster (I don't have any patience), and I did regret that a bit since it took a little of holo effect (not much), so next time I will probably put on top coat before the holo.

In the shade.


In sunlight.



What do you think? Do you like the holo touch?

Opacity: 7/10
Colour, prettiness: 8/10
Value for money: 7/10
Overall: 7,5/10
Buy again: Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment