Monday 5 May 2014

Musical Mani Monday, week 12: Lorde - Royals


This weeks song is Royals by Lorde, and is the 12th and last song in the Musical Mani Monday challenge created by Rainbowify Me. Thanks for a cool challenge!

It has been a lot of fun interpreting the songs and coming up with designs for it. I have really loved that it gave me a chance for doing some more hand painting than I have done otherwise.

Now for the design. This week I decided to use the title of the song for my inspiration and going with the most royal design I could come up with!

Here it is:


When I think of a royal color I always think of a deep purple, so I wanted to use my new A England - Avalon as a base which was just perfect for it and I wanted to make it sparkle a bit so I added 2 coats of e.l.f. - Fairy Dust. Then I used China Glaze - Passion to paint the crown and the dots and finished it off with a layer of top coat.
To make it sparkle a little extra I added some pink rhinestones to the bottom of the crown and a clear Swarovski gemstone to the top.


I'm not at all happy with the crown, but unfortunately I didn't have time to start over on that nail, but the rest of the design I really like.




What do you think of the mani?

Don't forget to check out what the other girls came up with for the last song:


An InLinkz Link-up

I've been thinking of making a challenge of my own, so maybe sometime in the future I will announce one...

4 comments:

  1. Avalon is a gorgeous purple, and I like what you did with it including the crown!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      I agree it's so beautiful!

      Delete
  2. Fabulous interpretation, I love everything about it.
    Thanks for participating, it has been great fun! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad you like it :)
      And it sure was a fun challenge :)

      Delete