Wednesday 11 June 2014

China Glaze - Watermelon Rind

So the long natural nails didn't last long this time. I broke 2 of them so I trimmed them all down *sob*
But now operation "Strong and long nails" have started! Hoping I can get them longer and more durable so they wont break all the time, so for a while you'll have to live with the short stubby nails...

Anyway today I have a beautiful polish from China Glaze to show you.

Watermelon Rind is a gorgeous green polish with hints of blue and silvery glass fleck shimmer from CG's 2009 Summer Days collection. It's really pretty and even though it's a little dark it's still very summery and looks so great and sparkly in sunlight!

I got this polish when www.kosmetik4less.de had a 40% off sale a few weeks ago along with 4 other CG polishes which ended up costing me around 20 DKK pr. bottle. I can live with that *teehee*

The formula on it was a bit thin which made application a little annoying because it ran a bit into the sides, but it wasn't too bad. It was opaque in 3 thin coats and drying time was average.

This is what it looks like with no top coat in the shade.


And in sunlight


Hmm... I realized after seeing the photos that it looks like the polish have made bubbles on the nails, but it's just the light that's being obnoxious.





I felt like a bit of stamping today so I grabbed China Glaze - Passion and made a bit of gold stamping on them. It looks a little christmassy, but I like it!

In the shade.


And in direct sunlight.


What do you think?

Application: 6/10
Opacity: 6/10
Colour, prettiness: 8/10
Value for money: 6/10
Overall: 6,5/10
Buy again: I really like the color of it, so I might.

1 comment:

  1. What a shiny pretty polish. It also looks lovely with the stamping :)

    ReplyDelete