Monday 9 June 2014

OPI - DS Extravagance

Today I think it's time to show you another OPI.

DS Extravagance is a stunning fuchsia shimmer polish with some scattered holo from OPI's Designer Series that was originally released in 2008.

I FINALLY got my hands on it after wanting it for a loooong time. I don't know why I didn't buy it before now, I think it's because I have an idea that it reminds me a bit of Orly - Miss Conduct, but it seems that Extravagance is darker. Anyway I'm thrilled that I got it and wanted to try it on immediately after getting it. *excited*

The formula is great and it applied smooth and evenly with no problem and was opaque in 2 coats. Drying time was a little slow, but not more than a fast drying top coat couldn't fix it.

I used one layer of top coat and the photos are taken in direct sunlight.



So gorgeous and sparkly!




I took one out of focus so you can see the holo a bit more.


And one in the shade so you can see how it looks with no sun.


What do you think?

Application: 10/10
Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 10/10
Value for money: 9/10
Overall: 9/10
Buy again: Absolutely!

For the first time in a reeeeeally long time I'm wearing nail polish directly on my natural nails... I have been making acrylic nails on myself for a little over a year because my natural nails were weak, brittle and broke very easily, and furthermore it took less than 24 hours for my manis to chip big time both with cheap and expensive nail polish, but I started missing my own nails though and got a little annoyed with the acrylic ones, so I let my nails grow under the acrylic to get them long and then took it off so I had long natural nails. Now I just need to get them stronger and take good care of them so they wont break. I have also learned a lot about preparation before applying base coat and nail polish and I hope that will help to prevent chipping. The photos above were taken a little more than 24 hours after I put on the nail polish, so it's looking brigther *yay*

I hope I can be able to only use my natural nails from now on! *fingers crossed*

4 comments:

  1. It's absolutely gorgeous - I see why you wanted it so badly, hmmm now I also want it LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe I haven't met one polishaddict that didn't want it right away after seeing swatches! It's so stunning <3

      Delete
  2. This could easily be one of my favourite OPIs. It's really gorgeous!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely one of my favorites as well :)

      Delete